Tuesday, October 26, 2010

calm after the storm

Man....it was a real leaf blower around here the past 24 hours!  All is quiet now following a morning of driving ran.  I'm grateful for it, even if it is too late for the summer crops.  There's always winter wheat, followed by wheat beans.  It's an unbroken circle here in the land of pecans.  If you can believe it, I didn't find out until the age of 50 what the term "wheat beans" means....I thought it was something in the organic section of Kroger.  For real.

As our luck usually runs, the plans that BG and I made to meet up and go to the funeral home together got sidetracked by her stoooopid car that hates to run.  She called later on to tell me that she had been a part of the funeral anyway, by accident.  She finally gave up and drove BF's big old redneck truck into town and was the first to pull over for the procession carrying our dear friends to the graveside service. Now THAT is karma.  Babygirl took Faith and Sam home with her so that Oscar could have some room to breathe.  Sam has been pestering him non-stop since he showed up.  I think it's a guy thing.

Some kind phantom chopped the asparagus for me and I'm bewildered but glad.  Now maybe I won't catch anything on fire when I burn it off :)  My lawn yard which was nice and neat a week ago is now ablaze with orange and red leaves knocked off by the wind and rain.  We are just at peak in what I thought would be a really boring leaf peeping season.  Hey....what do I know??

It's porch and Mich time kids.....remember who you are ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die! This statement is true as no one ever really wishes to die.
    --------
    san antonio funeral homes

    ReplyDelete