Wednesday, October 6, 2010

hump day flu shot

Heh.  That title ought to take the search engines on a wild ride!  Back when I gave a rat's butt about who was reading my blog and from where, I checked one of those meter things that showed you what search phrase resulted in direct hits to my websites along with IP addresses. The most popular one by far?  Funeral clothes!  Go figure that one.  I've been without sat TV for almost two weeks and still don't miss it.  Sorry ya'll.  I think I'll just pay out my contract and call it even.  Honestly, the only thing I miss is the comedy stuff like Chelsea Lately and Scrubs and Comedy Central.

'Tis the season to get a flu shot and I stuck my arm up there real quick like when the rolling nurse cart came by.  It's a must for healthcare workers who get sneezed and snotted on all winter.  What I would really love is a big fat shot of decadron to take care of the allergy fit that has been precipitated by cotton pickin' time in Tennessee. It's amazing to watch, but the harvest is bad news for allergy sufferers like myself.  Pretty soon it will all be in the bag and our landscape will take on that eerie winter look of bare brown ground.

Things have been pretty hectic, in a relaxing make-you-tired sort of way.  BG's BF is in town for several days and they came out to watch the cotton pickers roll behind the barn yesterday evening.  My brother came by to ride a few rows with Farmer Joey and we babysat for Bandit his (very well behaved) dog.  First thing I did was let him out of the truck to run with my babies!  He loved every minute of it too.

No news is good news, or so they say.  Let's hold that thought ^j^

1 comment:

  1. No news is good news most of the time, unless the person you're waiting to get news from has passed. Then that's bad news. Okay, that was my small attempt at humor. I never thought of what must happen at cotton pickin' time, must be hell, I suffer through allergies the last three years in the spring for about three weeks.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete