Monday, April 27, 2009

monday bloody monday

No wait, that was Sunday. As Emily Latella would say: "Never mind." Like many others around these parts, I am suffering mightily at the hands of pollen. My meds take care of the symptoms most of the year but when it gets THIS thick, forget it. I could honestly become a steroid junkie just to get out of this misery. I've even had to douse my inner ear with cortisone cream!

My annual Christmas gift to Bubba is gift certificates for catering to his poker club so he doesn't have to go out and buy something because, hey. He doesn't cook. I've done chicken ro-tel and rosemary pork tenderloin and both were big hits. If Sugardaddy never shows up I'll just hire on as his cook and housekeeper when the day job gets to be too much. Which it very much could become really soon thanks to the flu scare. People get absolutely NUTS over stuff like that instead of using common sense. I remember fielding calls from wanna be blood donors all during the day of the WTC bombings. Oh I see. NOW you wanna help? Sorry...there were no survivors to need blood. If you stil feel the urge, go down to the blood center in a week and do your thing every 56 days. Just because you can.

Mom is perking up a bit but still in a sling and on a stick for a month or so. Home health care is an absolute miracle when things work right and so far they have. It helps to know the ropes and which hoops can be jumped through. My horoscope today warned me against being too cocky about things which is enough said for me. Every time in my life I ever got to thinking I was really something all on my own, Big Ernie smitheth me back down to size, in a nice way of course. Like where I had to admit it wasn't all about me.

We're watching and waiting for the passage of that front which promises to be quite "active". Six years ago in May, a big tornado passed damn near through my back yard. The house wasn't damaged, but there was no electricity for a week so I had to move out. Then the road caved in and I couldn't get home to get my "stuff." Let's just say I have a very healthy respect for Mother Nature in every season, but particularly spring. By the time I got home, asparagus season was over :(

Ya'll be careful out there.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. donated some last Friday. But Doogie Howser was the flabotimist and I have a bruise the size of a quarter on my arm now.
    They let ANYBODY work there now-a-days.
    still glad I did.
    It's the only time I eat Lorna Doone cookies and drink orange juice from a can.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete