Sunday, March 24, 2024

hosanna

Y'all please bear with me while I babble about all of the miracles this weekend.  Yesterday I visited with my girls and was made to feel welcome at both homes.  I was driving in heavy wind and could feel the trusty Escape being pushed hither and yon on 412.  Needless to say it took longer than usual to commute against the wind.

Palm Sunday has been an eye opener for me.  Our SS class moved up onto the main hall where everybody else is and we were packed.  The vote was unanimous to make the move permanent.  The kids handed out palm branches and we all waved them in excitement as we went outside the building surrounded by choir and kids and everybody who could stand the cold.  As we re-entered the sanctuary the ones inside were still singin'  As my friend Miranda posted, a lot can happen in 7 day.  Holy week is special to me and I would love to find a place to attend services during the day.  Maybe with the Episcopalians.  

FUMC used to do a huge production called the Living Last Supper that was a whole lot of work by all involved.  Little details like Patti Lou wandering around with a basket of puppies put us in the right frame of mind to experience the Via Dolorosa.  I am late to experience Lent this year but this week I'm on board.

I have a new toy on trial.  There has been no live TV here since I moved in.  I refuse to pay the price for the high dolla' stuff but I'm doing a trial with YouTube TV.  We shall see. I have a week to cancel.

Rain is a coming, again.  Any pecans left out there will be buried treasures in the mud.  The fruit trees are leafing up and blooming and I do believe they have survived the cold snaps.  Let there be peaches and apples!

I am absolutely aching to get out and play in the dirt.  And, this too shall come ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment