Friday, March 8, 2024

hind sight is 20/20

I have received a diagnosis of dry macular degeneration meaning that I will more than likely lose my central vision at some point.  It is an inherited condition and it was passed onto me from my mother who was legally blind by her late 70s.  While I have always known that it was a possibility for me it was still something that shook my faith.  This diagnosis has made me most appreciative of all the beauty of spring knowing that someday I won't be able to enjoy the colors like I always have.  Sunrise and sunset.  Butterflies.  Beautiful cloud formations.  Faces of the people I love.  

I am dog sitting for my old pal Pearl.  Even though she hasn't seen me in a year, things have gone really well.  Except for the cat!  Pearl chased Rosie, Rosie hissed and hid and is keeping her distance.  It's only for three days so she will survive.  There will eventually be another dog here so the feline might as well get used to it.  Pearl hasn't much been around cats so I can understand. Rosie and Oscar had a mutual understanding.  I picked up Oscar's pawprint from the vet's office this week and it is on my desk where we spent lots of time with her sitting by my feet.  

It is National Women's Day and I couldn't be prouder to know so many strong women who are making changes in the world, one life at a time.  I have learned from being long time single that there are times when you really need a man to help with things.  I took that for granted when I was married.  

My new meds include AREDs for the rest of my life and Questran powder on a week long trial of samples.  The closest ostomy nurse to me is in Jackson and Poopie is a hot mess so I hope to get things evened out soon.  The only GI guy in town won't mess with them except to do a colonoscopy which, from a biopsy, showed lymphocytic granuloma.

Reaves went to her second daddy daughter dance last night and looked stunning, even more so with a gap toothed smile.  Lord, I love that kid and her spirit.  I hate that we are leaving her with the world in turmoil like it is but it is what it is.  Good parents will guide their kids through the ups and downs of life and teach them to study hard and express their emotions in a healthy way.  I tried my best with Lauren and she has only good memories.  

Speaking of LP, she now has two kidney stones left to pass and they're giving her hell.  The first two went through into the strainer but those other two are stubborn.  

Y'all be well, and keep the faith ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment