Wednesday, September 27, 2023

you've got a friend

I am such a sucker for JT it ain't funny.  This particular song reminds me of the Dyersburg High School class of 1973.  We have expectations of a huge turnout from both class members and teachers.  And spouses and dates!  it's kind of strange to be still trusting the universe to provide me with a companion who understands me.  I guess you have to date for a long time to figure that one out.  It makes me so happy to see all of my parents get married late in life.

We have sent many across the bridge over these 50 years. The way I see it, if you have somebody on speed dial you are one lucky person.  I have about 20 and they always call me back.  Sometimes they answer from work or retirement.  I miss Spike in that way.  He always answered and cared enough to bring me breakfast after my first  shoulder surgery.  There are lots of us left and we are all in touch.  I'm in charge of a head count of teachers and it's been delightful to talk with them lately.  

Always trust your cape^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment