Saturday, July 25, 2015

the universe provides

Like many people, I tend to be impatient with the process of letting life unfold as it should.  Always one to need a plan or two, I set myself up for failure and drama every time.  For years I've been trying to convince my parents that assisted living would be just what the doctor ordered, and now Daddy's health issues will make that decision for them.  I sincerely adore not being the bad guy in that one.

One of my co-workers offered me today off since we weren't real sure about how the surgery was gonna' go. I stopped by there to approve my time after checking into the unit with my favorite nurse Doreen.  RT was there monitoring the C-pap and there are good doctors on call for the weekend.  He tried to talk to me, probably wanting to know if I had his ring, watch and phone.  I just patted him and told him to rest.  There is a certain peace in walking away from a seriously ill loved one knowing they're in good hands.

I plan to use this day wisely, centering and focusing on myself.  When life gets tough, the wise take a break when the cosmos allows.  Thanks for the continual support and love.  It means more than words can describe.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment