Saturday, July 11, 2015

a perfect world

One of the tools we used yesterday on our projects is that of macro viewing which means, quite simply, to look at the big picture and identify steps in a process.  Then you look for things that could go wrong because we all know they will.  I backed up recently and did a macro on the last month of my life and am truly amazed I still know my name and SSN.  Beginning with my aunt Nancy's death on June 12th, life began to unravel at warp speed for us here on the hill.  There was her last days and funeral followed pretty quickly by me almost running daddy down in the Camry.  Luckily it was just his foot!  Mom was admitted with a fractured pelvis for a couple of days and I still don't really know why because she was walking fine.  Just an I to be dotted when an exam shows something.  The fall happened two weeks prior so she wasn't really "emergent."  Pnoler died suddenly on June 20th which put both BG and I into survival mode for several days.  She still struggles with it but is busy with work.  Grief is a process which finds its' own time.  There has been lots of paperwork and many obstacles to getting things tied up.  On the following Sunday evening, my daddy was admitted with a strangulated hernia following an all nighter in the ER with a screaming banshee next door.  Repair turned into  wound care when it was discovered that his OLD hernia site was infected and had to heal before the NEW one could be fixed.  Alrighty, then.  Which brings us to today with him at the SNF getting treatment and Mom at home running the world.

I inherited the desk that my sister in law made for her many years ago and it took a couple of weeks to get it done.  It's a beautiful piece that is perfect for spreading things out for organization.  13 is done except for the required post counseling session which is running as I type.  According to the experts no more than 50% of your disposable income should go to fixed expenses and 20% to savings.  Um..okay.  That has been my goal for some time now and I've only got one chance left to make it work.  It will not be wasted, I can assure you.  I have been the poster child for fiscal irresponsibility out of sheer frustration with life.

A friend posted a vacation spot in Fiji which just about sent me searching for plane tickets because it's always been my dream since The Truman Show.  I would take Belize though, just saying.  Maybe I'll get some sand in my future if things don't go south again.  We are watching Orange is the New Black and loving it.  JK is a genius creator of drama and humor mixed in just the right combination.  One of the saddest days of my life is when Weeds ended.  Seriously.  BG used to say "But Mom...it can't come on EVERY day!"

Y'all enjoy the weekend.  Come on by and I'll put you to work on the laundry and dishes.  Peace~

1 comment:

  1. Pnoler. Okay, so told you i was spelling that wrong.
    :*}
    xom

    ReplyDelete