Wednesday, July 15, 2015

the un-sleepover

We had a pretty heavy thunderstorm that resulted in widespread power outages for customers of the rural provider, including my mom and dad's house.  My brother called to tell me that there were a lot of limbs down and Mom was sitting in the dark so I headed on down to see if she was okay.  All seemed well around here except for one of the funeral plants being blown over.  I told Mama she could stay with us so as not to bake in the red log cabin and she said she would wait it out.  Alrighty then.  Back up the hill I went and when BG got home we checked again to see if she was powerless.  Umm..yep.  That's when we sort of pushed her to come on up and stay and she reluctantly agreed. We arrived to find her clutching a complete set of clothes, her medicine card and the walker.  We decided the front entrance would be easier because the back is like a jungle.  She kept saying she could NOT make it up those steps but grabbed the rail that was built just for her and climbed her little self up and into the house.  We settled her on the futon in BG's room and scurried around looking for Fried Green Tomatos.  Lily climbed up in her lap like she owned it and Mom chatted with her and fussed when she stuck that tail in her face.  The puppies lost interest pretty quick because BG was cooking supper.  Mama didn't want to eat, as usual.

I could tell she was very uncomfortable and in a defensive kind of posture so I wasn't surprised when she told me it was time for her to go home.  I didn't argue and was quiet as she apologized 100 times for the chaos and inconvenience.  I never heard from her again but found out just a bit ago that it came on about 10.  Me and daddy have a date with the surgeon during lunch and hopefully the infection has healed properly.  It's a process, you know.  I saw my friend who works on the floor where he was and told her he'd be back soon for another ride!  At today's sawmill event me and Candyland exchanged cuss words and snide remarks while serving multiples of  patients and noting what doctor can be a real jerk.   Talk to the hand dude.  I have worked with and for a boatload of you who think that just because you're an MD you are God.  I can name on one hand the ones that I respect and trust as practitioners.

As for the rest of the world?  I have not a clue, and I really don't want to.




No comments:

Post a Comment