Wednesday, July 29, 2015

divided we fall

It really disturbs me to see two camps of folks at war with each other over what is the worst tragedy, Cecil or Sandra.  There is a special place in hell for the perpetrators of both hideous acts and I know that because, karma.  She's a bitch!  I wore my Poehler/Fey "bitches get stuff done" shirt to the hospital for a daddy visit and you should have seen my mother's face when I told her what it said.  "You can't DO that!" she said.  Hmmm.  Hide and watch.  We visited for a short while and held Daddy's hands.  He opened his eyes once but is still mighty weak and will be getting nutrition via hyperalimentation which I had to Google.  Long.Road.

I emailed my class facilitator to thank her for understanding why I had to bolt on Friday.  This project isn't even done and I've learned enough to start another one which is much more attainable involving blood utilization.  People seem to forget that when someone gives their blood it's a damn shame to waste it because too many folks depend on it in crisis.  It was so sad after 9/11 when all those thousands of people donated and none of it was used. Every 56 days y'all.  Make it a habit if you're healthy.  The more dedicated of donors will do pheresis where the components like platelets and plasma are removed.  In the old days blood was separated out manually into the different cells and whatnot.  It all comes to us leukoreduced which means there's less chance of a reaction.  See? We both learned something today.

Today should be the hottest which is pretty damn steamy already, before noon.  I heard rumors of a cool(er) front that will drop us ten degrees to around 90 and I'll take that.  Plus a little less humidity thankyouverymuch.  Let's all hold hands and pray for the  TVA grid to hold up.

Peace~


No comments:

Post a Comment