Saturday, October 5, 2013

peaceful easy feeling

I'm tickled to death to be home today with the dogs, Lily, BG and Boogs. The rain has begun in spurts preceding the cool front that will hopefully clear out the humidity. I woke up to baby squeals of delight this morning and that's something I haven't done in eons. I kinda like it and especially because TTW was the one who had to get up. I just rolled over on a dog and slept some more.

I'm still pimping selling valuable treasures but nobody seems to have much interest anymore. I'm finding things that I'd forgotten I had and wondering if a yard sale price is worth partying with a family heirloom. Not that they're worth a lot to anybody but me! I have one peace sign left and it will probably go to my friend the Count because we're old hippies that have grown up together from birth. That is, unless somebody comes through with some cash for it! I'm letting go of things that I never thought possible and loving every inch of the space as it's cleared out. Soon the dining room will be empty and can be properly cleaned for the first time in years. God is good to those who persevere. He is the very one who told me after I returned all the stolen goods from the Nigerian conman that I had some good karma coming. A lot of it has come from him.

My brother and his family live in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia where tourism is a huge industry. Thanks to the government shutdown even the overlooks are closed and that's just wrong. People have planned their vacations for months to be there for the leaf changing and all of the hospitality industry is being affected not only there but in other national parks. This is ridiculous! Folks need jobs and they're being laid off by the feds while the two parties are in a pissing contest. I know I said I wouldn't rant anymore but I lied. I just keep thinking about Mr. Yates and "this too shall pass." I'd say we've already left lots of room for the spirit to work.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment