Thursday, October 24, 2013

chair dancin'

My feet are too tired for the floor thing but by golly I can wiggle in the computer chair and use my arms for exercise. I'm probably gonna need them when my knees and hips blow out, ya know? I think the full moon just happened so I'm not sure what has caused all the chaos this week...I'm just glad it's almost done and I'm off the weekend barring unforeseen circumstances which usually show up on the lane. We rarely see the crazy neighbors anymore but now and then old girl makes a run for it, now in a wheelchair. The other day I was happily typing away when I noticed that all three kids were taking turns pushing the chair and looking for pecans. About the time her old man started hollerin' for them the baby took out like a streak toward the dairy barn. The dogs were fit to be tied!

In case you don't know my personal philosophy about life let me share the talking points that define who I am now...not 10 or 20 years ago, but right in this moment. I am a pacifist except in cases of self-defense in a non war setting. I believe that if it's going to be wrong to kill a 2 cell zygote then it's wrong to put criminals to death. They'll suffer more in a padded cell if we just de-privatize the things and clear them out. A whole bunch of rich mofos are putting heat on states to get their contracts and we all know how those political connections roll. Why not pay the people in your own state system a decent wage for what they're doing and attack crime at its' roots...on the streets. Ten social workers with good case management skills could clean up a neighborhood in no time. The police are more focused toward filling the coffers of their respective governments with fines and court fees. Sad, but true. We have a t-shirt from the time the fine taker lady on BG's charge was scamming money.

My new celebrity boyfriend Robert Reich wrote today about how the other side's spin is tending toward it's all the fault of Obamacare and regulation. I read what he writes daily because it's like he says what's in my head in words that I like...does that make sense? I think you have to be politically empathetic when in that type position and use the power of words wisely. I respect that he does that, as does Paul Krugman. I try to do the same. I'm not at all asking that you believe as I do. Just respect that I'm different and don't try "conversion."

Mama called yesterday to tell me that she has some kind of gold edged cups that she bought to go with something or another and she thought I might want to sell them. That's hilarious really because all these years she's been squirreling away collectibles for me to sell at the worlds!biggest!yard!sale!! She laughs about all the photo albums that she has meticulously kept over the years, writing names of friends and relatives with each and every shot. Don't you know? She just wants somebody to know their history.

And that would be me ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment