Thursday, March 11, 2010

walkin' the yard

One of my favorite things to do is to shuck off the scrubs and put on shorts for a stroll around the yard to see what's coming up. Beginning now, there will be something new every day for about four months. I planted a lot of it, but much of it was a gift from the former lady of this house, Mrs. Council. She had been dead for close to ten years when he finally moved out, so you can imagine what it looked like. Thus the six month home improvement marathon before we could even live here. We did a lot of cosmetic stuff but very little structurally, except for siding to cover up the bare wood. There has been one roof, two AC units and two wells but except for that, very little maintenance has been performed because...hey. I'm a girl and an old one at that. I know my limits and that includes not falling off a ladder to break something I might need like an arm.

Several high school friends of mine have indicated an interest in escaping real life getting away for a couple of days so we're planning a road trip soon. No beach for me this year because nobody graduated from college :) Thanks again, Mom. It was a splendid treat.

It's ladies night which means all my favorite shows are on straight in a row. I got a wild hair and ordered some of my all time favorite movies like The Big Chill, The Green Mile and The Jack Bull. Mom gave me a twice handed down player, and I'm good to go. I know, ya'll so wish you were me. I woke up during the thunderstorm last night, but drifted back over when it passed and the dogs never got up to go outside. Sweet! Maybe we can do a rerun on that tonight, ya think puppies?

Today's findings? Small green shoots of daylilies. No asparagus. Surprise lilies. Daffodils and a touch of forsythia. Things are greening up quick and I've yet to negotiate with my daddy and brother about using the mower this year.

Ya'll hang in there. It's almost Friday.

^j^


2 comments:

  1. I took a photo of my forsythia buds today; they are showing so much color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROAD TRIP ! ! ! Yahoo ! Hope ya'll have a good time. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete