Saturday, March 6, 2010

past and present

BG and her best friend are out shopping for bridesmaid dresses today...it will be her first time to be the maid of honor :) These are the two who snuck out of our house at 13 and came home to the law sitting on the couch. Ha...busted! I had to be at work at six so after the 1:30 AM phone call I never went back to bed. One of her friends was just calling out of the blue, and I wondered why she didn't answer so I went to check it out. They were gone and had left body shapes under the covers with pillows just like I did at that age. Later that day we all went to see Jesus dragging the cross down the center aisle at church for the Living Last Supper and none of us had a dry eye. I wouldn't go back to having a child for ten brazillion dollars. I like their adult selves too much.

BG and I were talking the other day about how she worked the graveyard shift at the hotel and commuted to college during the day. It's all a big blur to both of us because times were so tough then. Now a college graduate about to begin work on a masters degree, she is working her way into a very successful career in social work. There's no money yet...BUT. That will come. Right now the focus is on changing things one baby step at a time. She is sooooooooo my kid.

The chores are done and the sun is shining. Sounds like time to get out there with nature and run amok. There will be pictures, of course.

Have a glorious weekend ya'll.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait. Right now, I'm still in the teen years, though my own babygirl is soooo growing up too fast. She just turned 17 and is off on her first big field trip to Florida.

    Master's degree even? Wow, you have done so very well with that one.

    Big hugs and lotsa prayers.

    ReplyDelete