Tuesday, March 2, 2010

the ladybug massacre

I sincerely hope that the opposite of the ladybug axiom is not true because there are literally hundreds of dead ones around here. And plenty of live ones too. It happens every winter, a subtle reminder that spring is on the way but not here just yet. I've noticed a shift in the seasons this past year or two with a return to more "seasonal" temps. Normally by this time of the year West Tennessee has had at least one tornado come roaring across the Mighty Mississippi. One of the worst we ever had was in January and it flattened my friend's home church in downtown Halls. The building committee took the shards of stained glass windows and made wind chimes from them to help finance the new building! Mine are dusty, but still tinkling proudly in the doorway.

The washer and dryer are going non-stop in an attempt to get to the bottom of the pile, if only for one day. I have new teeth and the pap smear is history. It's a really odd feeling losing a week like I did from being sick. I kept going and managed to function, but I couldn't tell you anything about what I did. It's a total blur. I reckon that's Big Ernie's way of protecting the weary and ill :)

I stayed away from my parents during that time because Lord knows they don't need the epizootie or anything. We visited yesterday and today a bit . Mom has a new computer aided viewer to play with to see if she can read the church newsletter. Baby steps, for sure. And lots of wheely whirly whankum. Daddy's just focused on the menu at Aunt Bea's and his TV.

My workweek is almost half over and I've been off for two days. Sometimes it's nice to work a weekend just to get to play when everybody else is hard at it! Ya'll be careful out there. And keep the faith ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment