Friday, September 11, 2009

two words to the wise


"Don't go." The seasonal flu has broken out with a vengeance (earlier than usual) and people are acting the fool, stretching the resources of our already stressed healthcare system. We are performing flu tests in record numbers just because the patient "demands" to know if he or she has the flu. What the hell difference does it make ya'll? Every local pharmacy here in the 'burg is smooth out of Tamiflu which may, or may not, help to reduce the time that influenza wreaks havoc on your life. There ain't no miracle cure for this thing, so prevention is essential if you don't want to spend a week in the bed with fever, muscle aches and a dry cough. The hospital will laugh all the way to the bank with your money.

Use that alcohol based hand sanitizer...buy a damn gallon of it. Every surface that somebody sneezes or wipes their nose next to is covered with virus if they're infected. The stuff WORKS. So does handwashing, covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze and getting the vaccine. I got mine on my 54th birthday...happy birthday to Poops!! Later that day, my bestest friends in the whole wide world treated me to a beer and nacho fest on the patio at a Mexican restaurant where they also insisted that the staff sing to me while twisting the sombrero to and fro on my pointy little head. Good times, people. My mother has threatened to disinherit me if I EVER tell anybody at Perkins it's her birthday. Hmmm...wonder if it falls on a Sunday this year. I must say the b'day chorus there has the melody down much better than at Los Lomas. Plus, there's no hat.

Since I was busy celebrating I totally missed our president's address to Congress about healthcare reform. I did hear, after the fact, about that GOP idiot who called him a liar right there in front of Big Ernie and everybody. In my book, he's on the same plane with the Iraqi who threw a shoe at Dubya. Shut the eff up and listen to the people who vote, dude. I'm sure all of the right wing extremists just loved that show of patriotism, judging by the telethon money you've raised in just two days. Ya'll better be careful tithing to a politician. Jesus don't like that sort of thing one bit. See the story about the tax collectors if you doubt it.

Yaya advised me to do something wild and crazy when the clock struck nine-nine-09 of nine-nine-nine. Her suggestion was to howl at the moon or dance nekkid in the rain. We haven't had but a drop or two since I mowed the yard several weeks ago, so that was out of the question. The grass is all crunchy and the Camry is covered with tree sap and dirt. Instead, I chatted with a guy who seems interesting.

Sam got a bath this evening. Butters got one last week. Faith is next. I'd hate for them to mess up my nice clean yard sale sheets because Sugardaddy might show up sometime soon and I'd like to be prepared. Yes...I was a Girl Scout.

^j^

1 comment: