Monday, September 7, 2009

mutt's girls


There are four of 'em and they stick together like the glue that their parents gave them. Raised in Lake county with one lone brother, they have gone their separate ways but get together now and then just to make sure they're all still sisters. I never had one, so I asked to be an honorary and they politely oblige me.

The baby of the group is my dear friend Gigi who would give you her last dollar and bottle of nail polish if it would brighten your day. Between them they have about a hundred or so grandchildren and cousins, and one lone German shepherd named Smokey who wanders around the neighborhood and loves being petted and fed out of hand. He follows Lisa wherever she goes. Sissy and Diane came north from Memphis for the sisterfest. Gotta love that sort of bond, ya know?

Things are sort of touch and go here on the farm with my family. Nobody has a clue what the plan is and we're just going on faith. Idgie told me one time long ago that kudzu flowers and I'll be damn if she ain't right. As I was driving down the lane today I spotted the purple and pink blooms underneath the dark green leaves hangin' off of the trees by the dairy barn.

Wonders never cease ^j^

3 comments:

  1. As long as I have loved amid kudzu, I never knew it bloomed!

    I can comment now, Poopie - I don't know how....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Poopie! Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday, Poopie!
    Happy Birthday to you!

    That is the way I sing. You know, the Methodist choir director told me not to sing in his choir as he didn't like my ear. I didn't get to tell him that I had been following my next side buddy for five years at the other church.

    Sisters have kinder bonds than brothers. Brothers and sisters, I don't know. I only have one sister, we aren't close mainly because we live 1100 miles apart.

    One dog and how many kids and grandkids? I won't speculate as to the meaning of this.
    :-)
    (((((Birthday Hug))))!
    Enjoy your day, it's 09/09/09 all day today. Good Luck Day for you. Mr. C.D?
    ..

    ReplyDelete