Friday, June 9, 2023

walking the yard

I did a lot of work last spring moving perennials down here from the old house like hosta and the prized red peony.  The hosta and other things from my friends were buried and watered all summer.  Not this year Satan!  Everything I bought in the spring is potted on the deck where it's shady in the afternoon. That's when I water.  Behind the deck is a stargazer about to bloom in a week or so and some volunteer Verbena, red and yellow.  To say I was excited is an understatement.  I plant in faith and learn every growing season.

They are cuttin' wheat out here so the sky is kind of hazy what with all that Canadian smoke drifting down.  God bless all of them. A wildfire could very easily happen here if somebody flicked a cig into the field. That would NOT be cool.  Beans look good in spite of the dry spell.  So does corn.  I started the yard walking with my Daddy years ago.  Kentucky cousin did it with Jimbo and me and Mo do it now.  I love just wandering around barefoot in clover and seeing what's up.

I'm adjusting to the new jobs and planning on doing more as I can.  Right now I'm just praying nobody notices that I'm out of date on you.know.what.  I get paid on Wednesday and it will all be legal...That is when I plan to go grocery shopping!! I have never been so excited in my life.  I used to hate it with a passion.  Now, I want fresh and I want to see it.  

Oscar is coughing a lot more meaning that the heartworms are after him.  I think he had them when we rescued him from the crazy guy down the lane.  As long as he is happy and wagging his tail, he's my baby.  So is Rosie.  My shoulder?  *meh*

It takes awhile to recover from an injury or loss.  Lauren and I have both been grieving our shared experiences and looking for a new normal.  Sometimes that seems impossible, ya' know?  Everybody has an opinion on things and nobody is ever right except by the law.  Which is serving us well this week, by the way.

I don't have any answers but I ask God to show me the way.  One day at a time ^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment