Wednesday, June 7, 2023

burn baby burn

It was bound to happen with a clumsy old lady like me serving food.  Yesterday as I was pouring up hot soup I dripped some on my finger and OUCH!  My first instinct was to run cold water on it but then a co-worker had an incident also and was told to put mustard on it?  She said it worked.  Never heard of that one.  Mine formed a blister overnight which promptly busted this morning so now it's covered.  

After work yesterday I stopped by the local Salvation Army to do an interview with the director and I must say, it was the best one I've had yet.  I was amazed at what this totally volunteer organization manages to accomplish with a very small budget.  In case you feel like donating, they take EVERYTHING between the kitchen and the thrift store.  Right now, they are sorely in need of bottled water.  If you feel froggy, buy a few cases and drop them off.  Today I went back to take pictures and found them in high gear feeding the approximately 200 folks who show up for lunch every day.  And they know most of them by name!

It's hot and dry here so the irrigation rigs are running daily on the corn where the children live.  It's growing like crazy in spite of the dry conditions.  Pretty soon it will be taller than me. Such is farm life.

Y'all keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment