Friday, May 19, 2023

to the max

I have osteoarthritis and have found that recently my long damged left TMJ is flaring because I tend to sit with my hand propped on my jaw.  I sleep that way too.  Part of it the problem is that there are no back teeth on that side.  I got a partial for the lower but it irritated my gums so bad I couldn't use it.  What I'm facing is probably a full mouth extraction and dentures.  That will require some very careful planning of insurance benefits.   As we say in the south, "how niiice."  

Carol treated me for lunch today and gave me a hanging basket and some leftovers.  Now that's a good friend!  We chuckled about how Mark would be jealous that he missed fish.  I go way back with her family since they lived in Samaria Bend while we all kids.  Except she wasn't born yet.  On the spot where that house was, my other friend Patsye's family live.  What goes around comes around.

I was so full of fried food that I watched a real tear jerker of a movie with Tom Hanks.  I've always been a fan and this was his best yet, I believe.  The casting was amazing!  

So, it's still muggy and warm but those two days of low humidity were sweet.  I can tell I'm spending too much time on the keyboard from the way my body is scrunched up.  "Like a cooked shrimp" is how one friend described the position.  Not.Healthy.

It's almost time for the annual debate about the difference in Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.  I have so much respect for anybody who served that I tend to co-celebrate the holidays.  Somewhere in this house I have an MIA bracelet that I bought back in high school.  Lt. James Herrick, I believe.  His body was never recovered.  I was against that war and all the others that followed.  Not our business.  IMO that is why the government is broke.  Think about the jillions of dollars left on the ground from all of Iraq and Afghanistan.  We cannot afford to save the world.  Everybody is screaming that we are out of money yet the powers that be don't want the defense budget cut.  They are gonna' need some homeland security when those SS checks don't hit.  Just sayin'

Y'all be safe and love your neighbor ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment