Wednesday, May 17, 2023

neighborhood watch

I spend a lot of time on my front porch watching the cars go by.  The guy who lives across the road from me doesn't walk too well and I saw him fall awhile ago right when the kid got off the school bus.  So of course, I called his sister.  I knew better than to walk over there or call 911.  Sometimes folks don't appreciate that.  Anywho, she's gonna'check on it.  

Today I have absolutely zero motivation even though the weather is to die for.  Humidity is gone and temps are pleasant.  There is so much that I WANT to do but my body fails me.  I got a message from BG that she was on the way to ER late this morning and had lost her phone.  I reckon she did messenger from work?  I called the ER and they told her to "call me" but she probably doesn't know my number because "cell phone" lack of memory.  I don't even know hers.  I just touch her name.  How did we ever survive before the cell phone age???

She got one before I did so I could try and keep up with her as a teenager running wild.  We didn't have the tracking back then so I just had to settle.  I hope to Jesus that Reaves doesn't have one anytime soon what with all the pedophiles and whatnot.  Especially no internet access.  I still remember the number of my long gone land line.

I am losing faith here in everything and everybody but God.  I trust Him to see me through whatever happens.  This is not my usual upbeat post.  Sometimes?  You just need to be heard ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment