Tuesday, May 23, 2023

let them be little

Reaves graduated from pre-K today and looked absolutely precious in a little pink smocked dress that matches her pink glasses.  There were two classes together that did the program and received certificates and whatnot.  I got up way early to get there by 9 and Lauren drove us to Denmark.  I would have NEVER found it by myself!  She was thrilled to have all of her people there together for this great event.  They did several songs but as they walked out one by one and waved goodbye to their teachers the song "Let Them Be Little" played and lots of us lost it.  The ugly cry y'all.  I rarely wear makeup so I was ready for the tears to roll.  I also got to see Lauren's cat Ophelia in person.  She's a sweetie.

It's warm and humid again and was sweltering inside that little school room.  I'm so short I got stuck behind all the tall people and couldn't see much but by golly I was there and she knew it.  I have a job opportunity that will likely start soon so there's that to get me outta' the house and help with the shrunken income around here.  I just hope I don't drop somebody's food on the way to the table.  That wouldn't be cool at all. 

Still interviewing and writing a bit here and there but there's not much money in that.  I'm grateful for the opportunity though.  It helps put gas in the car to get where I'm going.  It's amazing how much less I use now unless I go to Jackson.  

I'm sitting here looking at a recent framed picture of Reaves and wondering how we got to where things are now.  I long for the days when I saw her every week and we played outside here or went swimming at the "big pool."  She loves growing things and always helped me plant and water.  

She's a big girl now but it seems like only yesterday she was potty training.  I pray for her to be happy and healthy and remember the good times.  I know that I do ^j^ 




No comments:

Post a Comment