Sunday, October 4, 2015

hellfire

When David Petraeus fell from grace, I tried really hard not to be smug because, hey.  Lives were ruined by his reckless behavior PLUS he was in charge of the entire Iraq/Afghan arena.  During the war years, I followed Micheal Yon closely as he chronicled the day to day life of our soldiers who quickly signed up for the opportunity to fight those who would dare take us down.  What happened to us on 9/11 happens every day in other countries like Syria and Iraq.  The headline story at Huffpost is about just that and more.   I vaguely knew what PTSD was prior to these wars...now I know all too well how it screws with your head and endangers friends and family.  Yes, it is real. And yes, the war caused it.

That being said, I can't help but believe that the most recent Wall Street crash was a sign of  our infrastructure coming unglued.  The rich got richer and the poor continued to struggle....no, even the MIDDLE class continued to struggle.  This is bad news for commerce because when people don't have disposable income, businesses lose.  Our government propped up the banks along with many other gigantic businesses to try and keep the ship floating.  The result was that the rich got richer and never prosecuted.  End of story.  Meanwhile, we're sitting here watching our country bomb a medical facility full of innocents.  I'm sure it was a mix-up and all but why the hell are we there?  This cannot be won.

Saddam did not have WMD.  He was a two bit low level ruler and not very smart.  The premise was that we had to stop him from blowing up the world which is exactly what will happen if everybody doesn't play nice.  Israel, especially, is worrisome to me.   We have a refugee crisis on our hands that has people raising hell about sending undocumented immigrants packing when, in reality, they have nowhere to go.  Nor do the streaming masses in the Middle East.  You people in Hungary need to read your bible a bit more closely.

My sense of humor is what keeps me going when things are dark ( like right now )  and I'm beginning to talk to myself a little.  I don't answer,  yet.  As long as I have this outlet, I think I'm safe on that one.   I managed to survive without attending another arts and crafts fair and learned a little about the shared history with Memphis' Pink Palace.  Do not confuse this with Elvis' shrine which burns brightly near the airport.   The best thing about that city is the riverfront with its' excellent view of the Mighty Mississippi.

So here we sit, polarized on things like gun rights and abortion.  Abortion is a strictly religious issue that is almost completely based on overturning Roe v Wade.  Now correct me if I'm wrong but, um:   when you have dead babies and dead college students, somebody needs to get their priorities in order and take care of business.  Like..now.

Gotta' take mom some breakfast shortly.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^

            

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment