Sunday, April 8, 2012

easter greetings

Churches across America were packed today in observance of Easter and the resurrection of Jesus. Many of those attendees show up twice, once in spring attire and the other in winter. Hint. Christmas pageant!! My family was not at all like that because my southern Baptist father and Methodist to the bone mother compromised and raised us to be there EVERY time they said go. When I was very young we had a pulpit exchange in which our pastor went to England and another one came here to share the culture of Methodism in another country. An extremely cool and bold measure for a quite conservative church in those days turned into fifty years of ministry to our ever changing faces.

I remember distinctly the time that being a believer with no questions asked came to my poor troubled soul. It was during a lavish Easter production that my daddy, the BG and I took part. Sanctuary theater, if you will. That was the "aha" moment when I realized that a simple carpenter's son gave his life so that I could be forgiven for not being perfect. To me, that's the beauty of it. BG and I got up early and headed out to cut flowers to place on the cross when we picked daddy up for breakfast. There were the usual ladies out there in their finery stepping gently on ladders to place them just so. Funniest thing I ever saw there was when some Baptists ran across the street to get their family pic made in front of it. Hah! That's what He would do.

Mom is at the skilled nursing home learning to walk again after a very intense infection in her knee that went systemic. She's improving every day and has the will to get up and out and go home if she wants to. If not, we'll deal with that too. The facility has team meetings with staff and family to discuss care plans and I admire that. While she's worrying about what's pajamas and what's not, we scurry back and forth with what she will need for the next three weeks. My youngest brother came from Virginia with his oh-so-cute and even tempered baby girl to meet everybody. I was in love the first time I saw that widdle face...seriously! She's a beautiful mix of my soulful brother and her tough mudder.

This is the first weekend in a while that I haven't spent at the hospital and that's kinda sweet, in its' own way. I mean, gah. I count the hours until I can get out of the ratrace and then I'm there by default! Our puppies are now free range, sleeping by the porch and running the yard by day. Time to find homes because I can't afford to feed six of 'em. Pride still roams, yesterday he was all the way over by the dairy barn. Sometimes? I'd love to be him.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment