Sunday, December 18, 2022

be an elizabeth

In a world where everyone is a prophet, I learned today at church that is the meaning of my name.  And Lauren and Reaves'.  Spreader of good news that the Lord is coming is what the name sums up.  I was today old when I learned that by name, I am a prophet and a child of God.  Of course Elizabeth Jane grew up known as Janie.  In school Reaves is enrolled as Elizabeth because that's her first name.  And Lauren Elizabeth is her mama.  I doubt that Mama picked my name out for that reason but it's still pretty interesting.  

This past week has been a roller coaster both physically and emotionally.  Oh, and lots of humility.  I still believe that we're all in this together and that kindness will prevail no matter how dire the situation seems.  If you have a warm house, food and good friends nothing else matters.  And for those who don't ?  It is our calling to be Elizabeths to them.  My friends work the Salvation Army five or six days a week.  There is a big rush at meal time and I've waded through the folk while dropping off donations to the thrift store.  Sales from their store go toward food costs for that daily meal.  I've seen some pretty pitiful sights down there and I want to help them all.  

Elizabeth Reaves is quite the artist and loves to cook like, for real.  She has to stand on a step ladder to reach the counter but we've made some amazing memories in her great grandmother's kitchen.  Her last invention was Coco Le. Blanc spoken with a perfect French accent.  It turned out to be like a banana smoothie except not frozen.  Lauren and I both tasted it out of respect and pronounced it wonderful.  

Happy Advent to you and your mama'n'them ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment