Tuesday, November 8, 2022

election night

Y'all can wake me up when it's over next week.  Today has been a pretty dizzy one for me.  Kind of dauncy as the Little General would say.  I'm talking holding onto door frames.   It was unseasonably warm which will change on a dime this weekend.  The sun sets now around five something.  I noticed on Weather Underground that tomorrow will be two minutes shorter.  It just depends on where you are I guess.  I'm in the low country so I can catch a sunset in a heartbeat if I'm here.  Meanwhile, I saw the partially red moon rising and now she is up in the sky all bright and white.  I can see her face! 

I began blogging as a way to journal my life and feelings.  Writing daily has helped me to process what I have lived as the end nears.  My good buddy Chuck called it "embracing your mortality."   As firm believers in a giving and powerful God, we believe that all are welcome, even if broken.  The only difference in the Lord's prayer is trespass and debtors.  FUMC and Dyersburg Cumberland used to do awesome choir concerts.  My Daddy and I did them together.  He was a tenor and me an alto.  We sang together for many years and poor Mom couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.  At the end, neither of them sang at all.  They died peacefully with family by their side when God called them home.  That's a win in my book.

Let's all meditate toward peace and love ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment