Thursday, November 24, 2022

afterglow

Well, as usual, it took us about fifteen minutes to eat what I spent a week cooking!  Reaves skipped the rich stuff and had a banana with yogurt.  I ain't at all used to eating like that and Poopie let me know right off the bat that she didn't like it.  It's just sooooo good going down. What followed was a rowdy couple of hours playing everything that the princess wanted. She cheats at cards, BTW.  When she tried to swipe three of my forks we had a lesson on stealing and going to jail.  She broke a little trinket and as she repaired it with a glue stick I told her it wouldn't work.  By golly it did.  

Bubba and I have a couple of busy days ahead of us prepping for the Funkmonsters.  I'm really just a groupie at heart and I love seeing an event get pulled together.  He's a master at it with tons of nightclub experience.  Once when they had a really good bluegrass kind of group I was the official cook.  I had spent 300 bucks on food from Sysco and many hours cleaning up that nasty kitchen.  Needless to say, the food went away.  That was while I was still at the hospital.  The kitchen was an absolute grease pit, left by the previous owner. Good thing we never got inspected.

The rain has begun for real and I'm praying those girls make it safely back to Jackson.  Lauren met a lady the other day who said she had nowhere to go for Thanksgiving.  She will be delighted by the leftovers as well as the other girl.....umm at the vape store maybe. There was enough there for 10 people but we didn't let it go to waste.  

Going to the doc(s) next week is on the schedule.  Something is going on that lets me know that things ain't quite right.  If you are in tune with your body, you just know.  IMHO, I've had a sinus infection for about six months.  Taking antibiotics with an ostomy is tricky even with a probiotic.  My stoma is a source of chronic pain, even on a good day.  And because of renal issues I can't take any sort of NSAID.  

We had a couple of teary moments today, mother and daughter like.  Our friends gave her some money to help with gas and stuff and I pulled out pictures of her Daddy that I had found.  She sat with Reaves and told her who was in all of them.  She is such a good mother.  She even taught her how to meditate.  "Be the pond" is the chant with palms together, eyes closed and legs crossed.

I am thankful for all of you for being a part of my life over the years.  We have many memories and it's odd how they pop up at the strangest times.  Keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment