Wednesday, October 30, 2019

rant time

Two days ago I planted a campaign sign on Samaria Bend Road across from the entrance to the golf course.  Today it is gone.  Not blown over but just *poof* somebody pulled it up.  Now it's not like there are a lot of campaign signs out here in the boonies.  Some over zealous Republican yanked it up, in my opinion.  Our county is littered with signs for the four Republican candidates for the district 77 representative.  Mike Smith is the under dog here but he's got a lot of people working on his behalf.  Even the Republicans are turning on each other.  It's disgusting.  Casey Hood who was the interim appointee by Governor Bill Lee is going down low and dirty on the front runner in the GOP race.  Dirty politics.  

A friend told me a story from a witness to how things happen in Nashville.  The vote on school vouchers was tight and this person witnessed the power players pulling folks out on the balcony to sway their decisions.  Therefore, DeVos got her way.  This person was promised, in exchange for his vote, that it would not affect Knoxville.  Hide and watch dude.  I am a firm believer in the public school system and in fact have a friend who is on strike in Chicago over class size, lack of school nurses and social workers, among other things.  It's not all about the money folks.  It's about what's right for the kids.  Of course Ms Betsy has troubles of her own with the student loan deal.  

And then there's the Ukrainian ambassador who was thrown under the bus about like Frank Underwood did with Zoey and the train.  Even Republicans are standing up to defend those who are trashing him.  Enough, people.  Do the next right thing. I could go on and on but I won't.  It just pisses me off and that's not good for inner peace.

It's been raining like a mofo around here and just slacked up.  There are below freezing temps coming up so I expect to see a lot of pecans laying around if somebody doesn't get to them first.  I will cut'choo, just saying.

I believe in equality for all races, sexual preferences and lifestyles as long as it doesn't interfere with my life.  Somehow I don't see immigrants lined up at the border as something that will affect me directly except for the way they are treated which is pretty badly.  Deporting those military personnel who have served our country and risked their lives is beyond comprehension to me.  I am pro-choice.  I used to be against the death penalty but I'm moving more toward the middle on that.  If the DNA is there, let 'em go or get it done.  

Politics makes strange bedfellows, for sure.  Keep the faith.  Be considerate of others.  You never know when you will be the one who sparks change ^j^









No comments:

Post a Comment