Sunday, October 27, 2019

mini visits

Trying to arrange visits with a toddler who needs a nap is a real challenge.  Like her Mama, Reaves is stubborn.  "A strong willed child" as they say.  She was asleep when they got here so you know how goes.  It took about 30 minutes to get her off of mama and willing to play.  She can run her little self to death out here and the dogs will follow sometimes.  There has been this Little Tikes slide sitting out in the yard for a year and she spotted it today.  It was on like donkey kong!  She went at it from several different positions and had a blast doing it.  Enough so that when she started coughing from the chill and we brought her on she had a running Stafford fit.  Precious time.  Every time she comes her she picks out something to take home.  Today's prize was a little mailbox ornament from one of my parents' Christmas parties.  

Church was, as usual, inspiring.  I sat with my old friend Louise and we made a joyful noise.  She is undergoing chemo so has to wear a lot of garb to stay warm.  I got a big hug from a long time no see friend and reminded one of the bell ringers about the show again.  The woman next to her smiled shyly at me and it dawned on me that her father was buried yesterday.  When I went looking for her afterward she was en route to see her family off.  I had a little meltdown yesterday when I saw pics of my late friend Spike at his son's high school football game.  And I shared those tears with his wife.  

God is good.  All the time ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment