Sunday, December 25, 2016

you know the type

There are those who begin planning Christmas by Halloween and have it in place by black Friday.  By the PM hours of December 25th all that shit is history and it's back to "normal".  I prefer to remain slovenly and bedecked until I have time to re-group which is not today by any means.  Maybe next weekend.  

BG made it home and we'll be hitting the road early AM to get her to work.  The dogs won't let me sleep anyway unless all the blinds are pulled and the fan is on.

  These manic planners are the very same ones who control every other aspect of their lives to stay on schedule.  Go to work.  Come home. Buy food.  Athletic practice. Dance lessons.  And on and on.  There are days that I'm really glad not to be a follower.  I pushed BG in sports and she had talent which totally killed it for her.  Well, that and other things.  She was a good volleyball player and didn't have enough confidence to shoot a roundball.  Girl totally could smack a softball though.  

I showed up at work around sixish and found a card that my friend had left telling me how much she loves me and other stuff.  I cried when I read it.  We had not one but TWO meals not bought in the cafeteria done pot luck style instead.  Thank goodness for the microwave. We can't have a toaster anymore because it's "against the rules".  Alrighty then.  

I believe in God the Father, maker of heaven and earth.  And in Jesus Christ our Lord.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it ~






No comments:

Post a Comment