Saturday, December 10, 2016

it's all the devil

Mary is the MSW in charge of all things Aspell.  I met her one hot summer afternoon during a visitation with my daughter in the courtyard between the meeting area and the house on Highland.

We talked about drugs that day and how chemical dependency destoys lives.  I particularly hate opiates for personal reasons but she put it in perspective for me.  Anybody who uses a substance to escape reality and happiness is an addict.  It can be sex or drugs or rock'n'roll.  If you can't find a happy place, you might as well give it up.

My dear friend Lorna is now a great grandmother to Carter and grandma again with Noah.  Today was deadline to get all the family stuff boxed up for transit to my living room tomorrow.  This is why we can't have nice things....just saying.  Meanwhile I just hang out in the three rooms that are warm and where my stuff lives.  Easy peasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment