Wednesday, October 5, 2016

serendipity

Today was my oncology center duty and I spent it with all the happiest brightest people in the world and some of the sickest.  Trisha and I worked wordlessly side by side sliding our stools best as we could amongst the wheelchairs.  It's like a lab closet.  Anyway..the last time I was there I was treated to a final visit with Pops McDivitt and Addie.  Never one to miss a blessing, I said thanks for that one.  Today's blessing involved pizza and palliative care plus a lighter than usual schedule.  That allowed me the luxury of sitting and talking with other healthcare professionals about compassionate options.  We discussed medical cannabis and how it's a wonder drug for the side effects of cancer treatment and can even help to cure damaged DNA.   But of course PharmaBro doesn't want that.  There is a time and place for opiates but the potential for addiction is so high that it's not worth the risk.  Value added piece:  New ink pen and new friends.

Meanwhile, Larry went to doggy day care today and his mama's grandaddy is really sick so she's a hot mess.  I'm just glad he showed back up!  Sherry at the COC showed me a picture of her dog Ben who looks just like Larry only with a fatter head.  Something about those brindles man.  

Here's to all of us who keep on believing in miracles and hope.  Learning to see those things in the midst of darkness or afterwards is a pretty spiritual thing.  And for that, I say thank you.  

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment