Saturday, October 29, 2016

adventures in south dyersburg

Oh.My.Lord.  I slept like the dead until about 8am when I woke up with a terrible toothache.  Did I get up?  Oh no...I laid there and slept for a couple more hours after the pain subsided.  Waking up slowly, I then headed to ( you guessed it ) the gentral' for supplies.  At the gas station across the street their check/EBT thingy was out so I had to go north to chicken store #2 where Mr. Gene works and Ethel tells me I'm beautiful.  One of the clerks there is 25 days away from delivering child #4 and she looks MISERABLE but keeps on smiling.  Mr. Gene's parting words to me were "be careful out there...there's some crazy drivers!"

My inner pyro took over late yesterday and I torched a futon that's been laying in the yard for weeks.  Fortunately I didn't start anything major and it just went away except for that metal part I have to drag off.  I have a date with Ryan for next weekend to do yard work and drink beer so that will be on the agenda as well as some serious plant moving.  

The leaves are falling like crazy from the maples and pecans.  Color change is minimal and late.  Climate change is real y'all. Mamye and I sat at the not so round table the other day and spun a dream of future business opportunity if we can get corporate to go along.   More later on that....the museum isn't even in place yet.  

This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us be glad and rejoice in it %j^


No comments:

Post a Comment