Tuesday, August 9, 2016

the morning after

All I can say is "oh my aching body!"  I got a little rowdy yesterday with the furniture moving and managed to injure my weak knee even more.  There's probably a brace or two down there but I'll be damned if I go back this afternoon.  It's a hundred degrees again.  

My friend Linda Sue's mama passed today and she got there just in time.  They've been expecting it and, once again, hospice saved the day.  Nobody lives forever.  Embracing a philosophy of care that encourages a pain free environment for the client and family support is the only humane thing to do IMO.  And remember, I'm almost a nurse.

Ryan did yard magic today and it looks mighty fine and snake free.  I've been stepping lightly and praying the past few days on the way to the trusty Camry.  After Mama died we brought her Christmas carol clock here and listened to it chime for several days until it got on our nerves, then the batteries came out.  I put them back in the other day just for shits and giggles. Noel!

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment