Saturday, May 14, 2016

montezuma's revenge

I'm scared to death of cruise ships and being locked out in the middle of nowhere with a whole bunch of idiots who fall off the boat and/or get Norvirus.  That's precisely why you will never see my old ass on one, most especially headed to Mexico.  I choose to chill on the white sands of the Miracle Strip and stay put while the sun rises and sets.  It's a whole 'nother experience seeing it there.  The last time we went was in 2010 and stayed at a resort "village" in Sandestin.  It reminded me of the Truman Show with little houses in pastel colors each with a grill and front porch.  There was this band playing poolside at the beach and I can't remember the name because those change on a whim!  It was Billy and Blair and some other guy and they broke out into the best version of How Long I've heard yet, except for Robert Cray himself.  I guess you had to be there.

Heather and Joe were just getting together and she arranged the whole thing.  Mama paid for me and Lauren to go for her college graduation gift.  We rode with Vicki and Marisa ( there's a story there ) and Paula flew in after dark that same day.  Gumbler came from South Texas and won the award for farthest traveled.  That was when I realized the extent of drug trafficking on the border.  Well, that and Weeds.  He was patrolled a ranch and told us about the scarves that coyotes left on poles to mark the trail.  Lots of guns involved both on patrol and through Esteban's tunnel.  Just saying.

I don't know about ya'll but I'm assuming that all this planning for the election of 2020 is the GOP's way of saying "we fucked up big time."   I knew when Boehner left that even he couldn't stomach what the party has become.  There are choices and many of them involve thinking outside the box.  There doesn't have be a ticket defined by whatever party is in power.  That's not how America works y'all.

Sawmill was on an even keel today so there's that to be thankful for plus a whole lot more.  Lorna and I chatted about how to re-distribute the age old perennials around here.  She mentioned a backhoe...big clumps of dirt and crowns.  She and I are on parallel journeys at the moment waiting for definition from the universe of our next moves.  I love it when that happens, don't you?

I'm still staging and cleaning in spurts because corporate is coming I'm sick of having to walk through the maze that is this old house.  My mama did not raise me that way, you know?  Organization was her crack but evidently that's a recessive gene or else Bubba got my part.  I'm the idea girl so to speak.  That doesn't serve well in today's healthcare industry.

Other than it's all unicorns and rainbows!  Oh, and chickens and four wheelers.


No comments:

Post a Comment