Friday, May 6, 2016

happy friday bitches

I hope each and every one of y'all are doing something fun for weekend eve.  I've been fortunate enough to work every third for a # of years but that is soon to cease I've been told.  Since I don't have church duty anymore that's okay.  At least all the O's aren't trolling the place.  We have this answering system that consists of *choose an option as in pay your bill or ask for the lab.  When Miss Hazel retired she got replaced with patient access, which isn't a totally bad idea if you have the right tools and people and treat them right.

As a long term employee I've seen carnivals come and picnics go.  Everybody shows up for something free and corporate captures those moments for PR opportunities proving how happy everybody is.  My friend Liz has lost her job as of July.  She's had multiple health problems so that's good on her if you know what I mean.  Every time there was a rat killing at the Dyersburg hospital, she was there in force doing what she does best which is saving the world.  Her mother and mine worked many years ago at the local unemployment office.  Rosemary is still disco lips to me and Bubba!  She and I were on the IS conversion team when sale #2 happened in 2003.

I see God things now in the rearview like how I came to know Trisha.  Her daddy worked at the golf course and they lived in the to-die-for house back when we still had kittens under the porch.  She and her sister and most likely the oldest babygirl came to check them out with grandma in charge.  Ditto for Quint and Punk and all my other best friends.  When you are being led by a higher power, nothing is impossible.

March is usually employee satisfaction survey time but that's been postponed until next quarter.  Who am I to judge corporate decisions?  Who I am is a BS/MT who has been loyal to Parkview Hospital through all the changes that we've seen in the healthcare industry.  Everytime big fish ate little fish I said to myself "self...this could be a good thing."  Ultimately if the team is fractured and the mission vague, things don't work out.  Visions change even if we do "know what a miracle you are."  I'm ecstatic that UT is doing all those transplants!  That kind of procedure involves a lot of blood support.  5% remember?

I hope your weekend is lovely.  I'll be snapping  photos of pickers who agree to be photographed with my badass phone camera.  No release required, by the way.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment