Thursday, August 27, 2015

without faith

We are, of course, sifting and sorting through our collective pasts and ran across a real piece of memorabilia the other day in the form of a tiny Gideon bible with a UT orange leather cover.  Mr. Billy Yates of "this too shall pass" fame gave it to my Daddy in 1980.  I don't have a clue who the coach was then but I did notice the inscription on the front cover  :  Hebrews 11, verse 6.  "But without faith it is impossible to please him."  BG says I need a hobby so I won't think so much all the time.  She's probably right.

The local SS office had a remote interview with Mom this afternoon answering such important questions as dates of birth and marriage.  The really odd thing is that the interviewer is a former co-worker who introduced me to Mercy Me many moons ago.  He now has three little kids and a full life serving those who depend on government "entitlements" like the lump sum death benefit of 255 bucks.  You probably have to go up in there and make  a live appearance to get disability, after your lawyer gets paid of course.  I hear it takes years.  

Y'all knew it was coming so bear with me on this gun thing.  My hero du jour is the father of that young reporter who was murdered yesterday.  The NRA is a huge politically motivated organization that preys on the gutter level mentality of people who want to open carry and intimidate others.  I  believe that bearing arms is a right protected by the Constitution.  That being said, there should be routine background checks and registration requirements.  It's much easier to catch the crazy ass perp when it goes down like that.  You want to shoot ducks or pheasant?  Register that bitch and carry on.  The response from the right is that if everybody is armed, the playing field is level...kind of like in the old West.  We all know how that one turned out. There is no reason for any reasonable citizen to be carrying a long gun or automatic weapon in public. There is an entire industry thriving on our thirst for more firepower.  Enough, already.  But also? We need to kick MSM to the curb y'all.  I mean gah....

I'm off for three days so we can do this transition to assisted living.  Nerves are frayed and there have been words that were less than kind.  Three weeks ago today we buried my father in Fairview and I've yet to find his grave.  I'm just leaving room for the Spirit to work on that one.  


   

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Poopie, I wish I could help in some way. I'd walk the cemetery to find his grave if I could.

    ReplyDelete