Wednesday, September 5, 2012

happy birthday to me

I found it slightly humorous that the staff of my local bank were the first ones to send me a card. That stuff pays off in the fees they charge, just saying. I ran into an old friend today who is the most gracious host and wonderful person I've yet to know. Boy Scout to the bone, ya'll His family is Catholic and his wife's Methodist so they get along pretty well. If ritual works? Go for it. I've noticed that in my father's behavior that church is one event he hones in on even though mom is just over the whole thing. She's paid her dues and done Jesus like things for a lot of people. That's the definition of a godly woman if I ever heard one. She was one of the original home bound communion stewards at FUMC. And then she gave us all a pewter necklace with the cup on it. That's just how my mama rolls..ya'll would love her to pieces.

Autumn is coming across the Big Muddy with storms and lightning bringing much cooler temps by the weekend which I consider a total blessing. I do so hate to sweat. I'm looking more and more toward a location with more, shall we say, "moderate" temperatures. Summer in the south is like one big sweatball with kudzu and flies on the side. I feel really bad for those poor people on the gulf coast just barely getting power back and in a freakin' swamp. Some friends of mine have taken on the task of cleaning out the basement of this old house. Two fires in one week dudes..way to burn!

Speaking of mama she just called to let me know they're in the dark from the t'storm and that's just MAJOR with a dementia patient. If he only knew what a clusterfuck the rest of our world is. As a liberal with a conservative devil within, I'm very disappointed in this election season in particular. Technology has allowed photo shopping of anybody's face into whatever media will buy into it to feed the curiosity of the masses. It's almost Halloween in the 'burg which is the anniversary of when this one particular gal went missing and got found in a graveyard two months later, snug in a kudzu pile right next to an electric cross visible to all those who travel highway 78 to Lake county. If a small town sheriff who knows how to use that technology and play the waiting game can be the hero, so be it. I'm past all that.

I'm thinking I might get a bra for my birthday but then BG and I have to share so it won't last long. I remember my 29th birthday, pregnant as a goose. My ankles were swollen from walking the concrete floors at the sawmill with a phlebotomy tray while on call for sixteen hours. My pay was roughly ten bucks an hour, with a BS. Currently my daughter is employed by a mom and pop type store on a bluff in Nauvoo selling bait and beer. Also a BS not yet paid off to the evil ones. Where the HELL does this madness end? I suggest Occupy Bankruptcy and bear with me on this concept. We hire a bunch of corporate lawyers to do a class action suit for "we the people" and we just kind of check out on the government of this great country. Ya'll wanna garnish my wages as a baby boomer who has lived the American dream and saw it go by the wayside? Sue me and pay my attorney millions of dollars for defense. Oh, no...wait. That's OJ and all them. My favorite song ever is "Get Over It" from the HFO disc by the Eagles. It's the only song I ever knew by heart enough to sing on karaoke night at Bev's. There was this really mysterious PD sitting nearby. I saw him a few times after but he didn't seem interested in what I had to say. Just on an ego trip, I think.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment