Saturday, September 1, 2012

afraid to forget

I just randomly called my mom yesterday while daddy was out on a coffee run and we had the opportunity to talk easily and without him pitching a fit in the background. His slavery to ritual is a demon that holds her hostage as he wanders his way through the end of his earthly days. It bothers me, yet the decision is hers alone at this point. All I can do is monitor meds and watch for falls. Mama said she thinks that the reason he's that way is because he's trying so hard to remember something that will make everything go back to the way it used to be. Isaac is still in our area, now a weak tropical depression. The rain has been heavenly and just in time for farmers to save a little face following the beating that corn took. BG and I both have birthdays this month so September is pretty special. I got us new towels at the dollar store today...happy b'day Virgo gals. Come to think of it, we should just have a treat every day this month. We're hooked on dilly bars from the local DQ and I've gained five pounds, but that's okay. I'm fat and sassy. It's kind of a relief considering the "unexplained" 30 lb loss over a year's time. I was about to think I had the big C or something. Coming home this morning I ran across a couple of pickups hauling a big grill and the Camry came perilously close to slipping into the kudzu as I passed. Dove season is a big deal around here and always a good occasion for a cookout. The first time I saw one field dressed I about fainted. Seriously. For a farmer's daughter, I'm still pretty girlie. The great dane promptly got out of doggie jail and landed at our house again along with a pack including two pit bull puppies. How nice. And then red dog came back around as well. Faith tried to start some shit with the puppies under the porch so they're probably history. Somehow these dogs know that my friend dropped off 75 pounds of dog food this week. How did they figure that out? Nah. It's because Pretty Girl is in heat again. I feel some serious piddling and picking through stuff coming on today and tomorrow. Monday will be one of rest to honor my labor. Ya'll keep 'em straight out there ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment