Tuesday, May 15, 2012

not part of the solution? you're part of the problem

If pressed, I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I've been this peaceful in spite of the daily "struggle" that is life. It reminds me of that guy in the eighties movie that hung out the window yelling "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" Sitting here at the ripe old age of the uphill slide to sixty, I look at history and how my entire career has been consumed with making money to buy things that aren't really necessary because credit was easy and whatnot. I worked my little ass off with a lot of other baby boomers believing in my heart that our country would do the right thing and take care of those who need it, no matter what their race or creed or sex. I'm as guilty as the next one for buying into that shit. It sounded too good to be true and it was. The banks owned all of it and squandered it on iffy trades plus salaries and perks for the powerful ones. When JP did what they did and the CEO got a raise, I just shook my head and said "tsk tsk". I'm actually grateful not to have any money invested in the market these days. With our country world is in the shape it's in, I'll just grown my own, thankyouverymuch. Organically to boot. Take that middle eastern oil!!!

My friend John Ruskey is part of the solution. Originally from Colorado, he floated down to Clarksdale MS and began to clean up the lower Mississippi one tributary at a time. So is his partner Mike Clark, a St Louis guy who shares that vision of saving mother earth one river at a time. Ditto for Brian Waldrop and Arnold Stream Team and anybody who gives a shit enough to TRY to make a difference. Our country was not founded on oil, but the pursuit of liberty and freedom. So much for that right? I'm not one of those sentimental saps who wants to go back to Walton's mountain but damn. Can't we just all get along! I noticed that our Prez is hanging in spite of the religious right's backlash on the same sex marriage thing. Honestly, I'd just like to know what's the difference in a civil union/same sex marriage vs the old Mormon and or Arab way of multiples. Commitment is what it's all about. When somebody chooses to spend their life with you in it, that's an honor and should be recognized.

Okay then...I'm done bitching because life's too short. I got a massage/really great dinner as a Mother's day present. Poor BG wore herself out trying to coax the tight muscles of my back into submission. Lots of hunchback keyboard related injury up in there, just saying. I reckon the yard's not gonna finish mowing itself so I should get busy. Benadryl is now my best friend right next to naproxen and celexa.

Watch out for moles...they're eating my yard UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment