Wednesday, May 9, 2012

never a dull moment

Today was the end of our three day survey at the hospital by very important people. We're just now coming to grips with the shock of her timing, the very day that bossfriend's husband got sickly again. He is stable, and still able to talk in spite of severe shortness of breath. This, I know, because I heard him yakking while we were talking. Ironically , I heard the first public service announcement about bogus 911 calls, the agency of which he is local director. We have a turf war going on in our area between the county and city agencies meaning that city calls go through the fully equipped center while county calls have to be transferred to the sheriff's department and THEY make the dispatch call. And guess who lives in the county? Why they won't consolidate resources and talent, I will never understand. Probably has something to do with somebody's job security and ego. It's cooled off a bit and the humidity is much better, thanks to some thundershowers. Yesterday was my only one off for awhile, and I was steady digging through a pile of dirty dishes (no dishwasher, remember?) washing clothes and crying like a baby. The ugly cry, even. So much has happened in the past few months that I've been in crisis mode for extended periods with very little downtime. I've gotten to where I just hand my phone to BG and tell her's on call. In a way, it has been a blessing that she's underemployed at the moment because she has time to do things like run errands and check on the grands. We have eaten every morsel of edible food in the house so she's gone to the grocery now for a short list. Some things you just gotta have...like bread. The brother pups who went away last week now have names, Bo and Joe. I think it's adorable, and I'm tickled to death those kids will have their own special friends. Ryder is trying to settling down a bit, particularly when it's quiet...like right now. Back to the ugly cry, ya'll. Gigi opened her pool this past weekend and I was working so I missed the grand opening. She spent yesterday morning laying down a whole pallet of bagged mulch and showed up to fetch me so we could drink beer and do our nails by the pool. I love soaking my feet like that...there's no comparison to the therapy. We talked about everything and nothing and enjoyed the silence of sisterhood in a nice breeze on a sunny day. It was as if Big Ernie said " Dang, this girl needs a break...send her an angel!" ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment