Sunday, November 27, 2011

good karma comes calling

Well I'll be damned if the karma from my brush with a Nigerian con artist didn't show itself this week, one that I thought would be spent wondering how to pay the rent. That's still an issue, but at least the mood is a lot mellower and there's some team building going on as I type. Plus a damn good chapter in the book. We are women, hear us roar. BG is on the way for eggs and doughnuts while I play hooky from the real world for one more day. Sweet.

Pecan poachers pickers have left the lane because it's cold and wet and they have actually cleaned out what's there until a hard freeze. My neighbor told me they had 300 plus pounds. It's good exercise too! Straw bale gardening has been the topic of the many conversations that I've shared lately, and it appeals to my hippie side on many levels. Great way to keep weeds out and recycle our precious environment.

I haven't watched any news for three days so I'm smooth out of touch with what the candidates are or are not doing. I will say this...if my income tax refund is not there on the spot, I will occupy DC live and in person to throw a hissie fit, also known as the "running Stafford" variety. They are not pretty, ya'll and I reserve them for special occasions. I've learned to be a pick-your-battle kind of gal and if it doesn't promote justice and growth, it doesn't register on my radar. Simple country girl philosophy is a great tool for navigating life.

As Ike would say "Peace out!"

^j^

2 comments:

  1. Using straw, mulched leaves and compost is the way to garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pecan poachers? I'm incensed! They used to do that to my asparagus along the road in front of our place. It made me so mad. We paid for the water that was keeping the stuff alive, and we were watching every penny, so to have them steal our dinner greens made me so furious. They feel entitled. But to have someone come DOWN YOUR LANE and steal them???? What's with that?????
    So did you mention WHAT the good karma was? I can't wait to hear.
    love you, my friend. enjoy the weekend (what's left of it)
    ~a

    ReplyDelete