Saturday, November 5, 2011

eatin' beanie weenies

There is a heavy fog hanging over the lane this morning, slowly being burned away by a weak sun. As it melts, the colors become visible from the office window where I find myself pondering again. I seriously need to quit thinking so much. Sometimes I'm really envious of those who don't question things and take it as it comes. I suppose it's my inner scientist that tends to pick things apart and analyze like Dr. Drew.

Not only is the lady still missing, but a bridge jumper did his swan dive off the Missouri side. We don't have many jumpers around here...though I have sat on the giant span and let my feet dangle off thinking about how tempting it would be to somebody who has no faith or reason to hope. Which is a whole helluva' lot of folks right now. I've seen worse financial times in my life as a single gal, but this is certainly a second dip on my personal recession. The thing that's so bad is that our future hinges on keeping a car that is about to be repo'd so that BG can find a job to make money to pay off the loan. Does that make sense? Unfortunately, yes. She ran out of gas on the way home and drug me out of bed to scoop her butt off the side of the road. Gotta love eternal parenting. My borrowing power has been reduced to those friends who know I'm good on a loan whenever the ship comes in. I just hope it doesn't hit the bridge on the way to shore!

So. There ya go, ya'll. I could lay down and choose to give up right now and let other people take care of me because I'm old and tired trying my best to make it in a very tough world. Like my daddy says " This too shall pass."

^j^

2 comments:

  1. Janie...I faithfully read your blog. I just want to tell you that I get up every day and just ask God to help me be the person he wants me to be "this" day. To "bless" me. I want those blessings just as much as anybody..then I feel guilty at myself because I know that I am probably blessed more than a large percentage of the people in this country. But that still doesn't make it any easier to cope every day in this tough world. And I agree with your Daddy..."This too shall pass."...I have faith...even though it wans sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it's tough a lot of days, been there, still there, and going to be for a while. Heck, I could get out of it if I stopped giving so much to others, but then who would I be? This too shall pass is an honest optimistic forward looking hopeful gift.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete