Saturday, January 22, 2011

somebody remind me

.....in July. When I'm sweatin' my smart ass off and bitching about it, that I was truly chilled to the bone on January 22, 2011. My background noise in the "office" now includes an electric heater placed close to the desk. I mean..for real. You have to know your priorities and the keyboard is definitely one of them for BG and me. Our local paper is advertising for a reporter and daddy suggested that BG might like it. She looked at me all stunned like and said "I can't do that!". I certainly couldn't at this stage of the game because you have to drop everything and run here there and yonder on a moment's notice and that..well, it just makes me tired. I have enough of that in my life already.

I'm not so patiently waiting for my W2 so that I can get back from the feds the money that they used interest free to send our economy to China fund the war that I'm very much against and such. Sometimes I dream about what I would do for a living if I didn't HAVE to work. Over the years this composite self has become visible on a farm where there is potential for serious preservation of American history. In 1917 a man who had made tons of money off of WWI government contracts bought the place and made it into a huge showplace of a farm complete with mail order chickens! He was from St Louis and the farm has stayed in his family ever since. My house was built in 1918 and the other one on the lane, shortly thereafter. The houses were residence to the folks who managed the farm. That's why there's a little side porch overlooking the fields. Somebody had to call everybody to dinner.

The lane is snow free now, but the ground is white with brown criss crossed crop lines visible. The dryer is squeaking (go figure) and the dogs are all sacked out. BG is there as well. It's just that kind of day, if you know what I mean. Guess I'll go wash some dishes to warm up my hands and get the blood pumping.

Remember who you are ^j^

1 comment:

  1. even though it is freezing cold, it sounds cozy in a way. I guess "dogs sacked out" completes the scene of peacefulness.
    I sit here at my laptop with a heat pad around my feet. But Sailor had some work @ church that must be complete (actually tithing statements for the congregation for their taxes), so here I sit, alone and feeling guilty because I'm reading your blog and am not typing up the minutes from our choir board meeting.
    I hope your day is happy. The sun is shining here, but I'm not sure if it is "real" (ie melting the snow or warming ANYTHING)
    have a continued peaceful day.
    (((((((((hugs))))))))))))
    put some hot chocolate in those mugs I sent you and warm your insides.

    ReplyDelete