Monday, January 31, 2011

breakfast of champions

Following a solid 12 hour snooze, the old poopster woke up with two dogs and some mighty gray skies. Memories of Saturday's tease will linger for a long time, hopefully until after the groundhog does his thing. Our official hog lives in the kudzu bank next to the dairy barn. We'll see come Wednesday. Meanwhile, the little electric heated saga that is life on the lane rages on. Momma is in one of those weepy moods where she just doesn't understand why she can't fix it all by wanting to. Sometimes I understand why Daddy zones out with the TV. Just sayin'.

I don't know what to do anymore, which is always a good thing because it means you're right smack back on the bottom of the steps where your smart ass needs to be. I was just on the phone with a friend who was carless because hers is in the shop for four days now. She was PISSED, so I managed to get a hoot out of her by blaming it all on Dubya. I can't help it ya'll..it was just so easy!

My hair is dirty and stringy and I'm sitting here tapping out thoughts that I probably shouldn't share because lord only knows who will read it and tell somebody. Fortunately, I outgrew that little southern good girl trait many years ago. I guess it's the Stafford in me, the part that has running hissy fits. It runs up the blood pressure somewhat, and ends up with a red face. The Reaves side just tries to remember the good old days before the family fortune went away. They came together, these polar opposites, in small town USA and married when there was a dream called the good times of fifties and sixties plenty. On Valentine's Day, they will be married for 57 years. Wow. That's all I can say about that!

BG is out in my car because hers is out of gas and she hasn't started that *fingers crossed* job yet. This created a huge logistical dilemma, or so Momma thought, to her getting to and from the eye doctor's office. Two phone calls and it was taken care of. Not a mountain, but to her it seems like one. I understand and so does my BG. We are her sounding boards when it all gets to be too much in her little world. We have a lunch date tomorrow so maybe that will help :)

Mail just ran. Better run out there to get my publisher's clearinghouse prize notification!

Just playin ^j^ Peace and love.

1 comment: