Sunday, November 29, 2009

let there be light

I have been seriously pondering the advantages of fake pre-lit trees while untangling dollar store strands to wrap around the live fraser fir. This is when it sucks to be a single smartass gal. Maybe some favorite ornaments will help the mood.

Went to Mel's Diner today for breakfast with the grands and the hay guy. He always shows up right about the time we're being served and Daddy comments...calls him by name. Sometimes they have to cook more biscuits and that takes awhile, but his waffles came first so he was pleased. Needless to say, we'll be puttin' up their pre-lit tree this year. And doing their shopping as well. Mama is headed to the funeral home one more time in the AM to pay her respects to Miss Janie and her recently deceased husband. One of the Sunday School ladies is picking her up for the viewing and service. Sort of reminds me of Grandma Mazur at Stiva's.

We had drama on the lane this afternoon with a multitude of cop cars down at the end of the road because the neighbor refused to take his bi-polar meds and wifey called the cops to try to persuade him to be compliant. There was an ambulance and all...seems he had to be subdued and is headed for the nearest mental institution. Sometimes real life just wears me out. Ya'll know what I mean?

Rent's going up because it's a "country home" and the owners think that it's worth it for city folk who need some peace. I'm gonna make the best of it while I can afford the price, but I do believe this will be my last winter on Pecan Lane. That will make all the heirs ecstatic what with the increased income for their collective futures. Nothing is forever, ya know?

Time for the ornaments. Ya'll keep the faith ^j^

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Prince Charming will come just in time, Poopie. I'll keep hoping for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about that. I thought, for some reason, that you owned it.
    boo hoo.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete