Wednesday, September 25, 2024

sticker shock

I have been gone from home for almost a week and the cupboard was bare so I headed to Kroger this morning.  Not only was the inventory pitiful but the prices were outrageous!  I got a lot of food and household essentials but it cost me almost 250 bucks.  And no, I don't blame Biden.  I blame corporate greed.  My search was focused on things that don't take a lot of effort to cook but I ended up with lots of ideas for recipes  that I love.  Like easy chicken pot pie and warm spinach parmesan dip.

My heart is a lot lighter now that Roe has a new home and is happy there.  I felt soooo bad about failing her but it just didn't work for either of us.  It takes a village and she ended up where she needs to be.  As usual, this too shall pass.  My SS class has been praying about our situation, bless their hearts.  I reckon that prayer was answered.  

The state of our world is kinda' sorta' scary right now on all levels.  I gave that to God a long time ago so I'm not worried.  When my time comes, I know that I have lived a good life and had a lot of joy.  Sure, things have been hard at times but that is when we grow in faith.  I find comfort in knowing that those who have gone before me will welcome me to the next life.  

Y'all stay safe and remember who you are ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment