Wednesday, May 8, 2024

poor mr jingles

The Green Mile is one of my most favorite movies ever.  As I sat on the porch the other day I thought about Mr. Jingles while I watched Rosie play a tiny mouse to death and then carry it to the yard to eat.  I know it's nature's way but it hurt my heart.  This was after she killed a bird on the porch leaving a trail of feathers all over the place.  She is quite the little huntress.

Life is galloping along at a rapid pace.  Every time you turn around, another week is in the rear view.  I've started back to Dynamix after 2 weeks off and I badly needed it.  Plus, I had a remote "Healing Touch" session with my friend Ann yesterday and she unlocked all my chakras!  Gave me energy too.  Enough to go get a big body hug from her hubby at the Manor today. We are kinda' sorta' cousins by marriage and long time friends.  The three of us were the first to hit the dance floor at the DHS 50th class reunion when Chris played "Take a Walk on the Wild Side."  That was our class song.

Humidity here is so thick you could cut it with a knife and the weather is quite unstable, as it is all over the country.  I have asthma and humidity is a killer for me.  Hopefully by this weekend it will drop significantly.  Not only is it Mother's Day but also graduation season.  My friend Rachel graduated from U of M with a degree in professional writing this past week and her daughter is set to graduate from DCHS.  These are milestones for both of them.  Reaves will graduate to 1st grade on May 22nd.  I hope I don't bawl like a baby like we ALL did at the pre-K event..  Lord, that was a hot teary mess for all involved.  I mean,
they played "Let them be little" as they walked away from the class one by one until only the teachers were left on the bleachers.  She will be my only grandchild born of my only child.  Sometimes things are complicated but we make the best of it.  

Did I ever mention how much I hate to sweat? I truly despise it and summer doesn't officially start for another month or more.  My last thing to plant will be a tomato in a big pot on the back porch.  The stargazers and tiger lilies that I planted the first year are looking good, right on schedule.  I hear that there will be a neighborhood get together on the 4th of July, Mozella style at Clara's house.  Can't wait to see that bunch all together again.  

LP turned me on to a story about a mega church pastor with a long history of mind control and his wife's "suicide".  He groomed her when she was the baby sitter for his first wife, who left him.  Big age difference and a lot of drama.  Thank goodness they didn't have any kids together.  Mind control scares me to death.  Cults are everywhere and when free speech and thought are pushed down, bad things happen to the sheeple.  That is true with both religion and politics.  

My parents would attest to the fact that I have never been a "follower."  I declined two invitations to join the high school sorority because I was friends with everybody and did not believe in exclusion and the humiliating hazing process.  I was just friends with everybody and their mama'n'them.

Y'all remember who you are and from whence you came.  We only have one life to live and I choose to make a difference. ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment