Saturday, June 3, 2017

slowing down

My friend Kay and I were talking yesterday as we walked down the steps to get breakfast about getting older.  She's a year ahead of me but seems to have boundless energy whereas I'm usually dragging ass around like an old lady.  I will be 62 in a few months which is something that seemed impossible when I was a thirty something and thought I had the world by the tail. Boy was I misguided!

I remember over the years that my parents told me it would go quickly, and more so as you get up in years.  The days and weeks just kind of blend together now consisting of work and more work with very little time for fun.  If life were fair, 62 would be normal retirement age for full benefits including healthcare.  That way the working middle class could enjoy the fruits of their respective labors.  Probably the biggest reason that most of us continue to work is for the insurance which is pretty sad.  I love my job and the people that I work with.  I'm just kind of wore ass out.  

I ventured out into the heat this morning to pick up a prescription for doxy following a tick bite.  Planning my route, I got detergent at a twofer price at Walgreen's and gas at the next convenience store.  I know I need to get out more but I cherish the quiet time here on the farm.  Finally I picked up the estimate for a spare tire replacement from Patterson Brothers which will complete my insurance claim on the car theft.  And then I go to court on Friday to face him.  I'll be sure to take a blood pressure pill that day.  

The passenger side door handle has now broken off so it's back to the scrap yard for all that again.  The only way to get in and out on that side is now by doing the smooth move under the broken off OUTSIDE handle to open the door.  Luckily nobody ever rides with me much.  

Cousin Mo is about to hit her storage shed with baby items for Reaves on the way.  Bless her in this heat is all I can say.  She's one of those with natural beauty who never seems to sweat.  

Serenity ~


No comments:

Post a Comment