Saturday, April 15, 2017

my get up and go

Pretty much it has got up and went.  I keep waiting for that day when I feel like doing something after work and instead find that those days are sort of gone.  With age comes a decrease in stamina.  Both of my parents were retired and having fun at my current age.  Mom slept for six months after she quit just to recover from sheer exhaustion.  They were blessed to have the means to do that with his long career at the USDA paying them about what I make now until they died.  I try not to think too much about the future because I can't envision ever doing anything but working and getting up to do it again.  I'm patiently waiting for the universe to present me with a perfect opportunity which I will LEAP at when I see it.  If I'm able to leap, that is!

A day without some kind of ache or pain is a rarity and a blessing.  One of my co-workers is breast feeding her latest baby boy and I'm learning all about the pump thing and keeping the supply going.  I opted out on that 32 years ago.  I hear that formula is now super expensive just like all things these days.  Ditto for diapers.  One day at a time, as they say.  My friend Cathy has a bathtub that she's handing down to Reaves.

My mother was the queen of holiday festivities and would be ashamed that I don't have Easter bunnies and eggs everywhere.  Our most memorable Easter Sunday was the one where I forgot to take off my pajama pants and we got to church with me wearing bloomers under the frilly dress.  Mortified!  Then there was the one about ten years ago when she had wreck #2 on the way to Easter service and ended up in the ER while I was working.  She got sued on that one and, yes....I still have the legal papers somewhere because she saved everything.  She and Daddy were secret hoarders.  

I'm melancholy and not really sure why.  Some of it may be fatigue and stress but parts of  me are still grieving.  It's been two years since all the dying started and one year since BG left the nest.  There's been a lot of water under the bridge, so to speak.  

That being said, it's just a valley as the Little General would say.  Peaks always come back around.  

Faith ~  




No comments:

Post a Comment